Saturday, January 3, 2009

Farmer Brock

Brock loves to tend to animals. We have quail, chickens, ducks, dogs, and kids! The most exciting Christmas present was from God, baby chicks! They are so cute and fluffy.


The quail are yummy to eat! They really aren't good for anything else, except for aggravating me when they start flying around when I go in the chicken pin. I think they are going to land on me or something. So needless to say, I don't go in there much


The chickens are so pretty. They are Barred Rock Chickens. If you go in the pin with flip-flops on, they will try to peck your toes. Another reason I don't go in there!

These are the 19 baby chicks. They were hatched December 26, 2008. Mama hen sat on 22 eggs and 19 hatched.


Lastly, our Mallards. We have 4 males and 4 females. They have started flying around. It is the neatest thing to see. They will cricle around our house. When they fly over the pond the will quack really loud. One duck cannot fly. So, he runs around in a panic until everyone comes back.
We really enjoy living the farm life. I have learned so much about chickens, ducks, and quail.



2 comments:

Lori said...

I can totally see you on a farm. It really fits! Perfect match God made there, right? I'm going to have to bring Jack to see the animals soon - he would love that.

Shonna said...

Glad to see the "city" girl might make it in the country!! See you tomorrow:)