Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Toughest Boy I Know

Blake had his tonsils and adnoids out on Friday, July 10th. He was the toughest boy ever. On Thursday, we had to go to the hospital for the pre-op lab work. I was nervous that he was not going to sit still and the nurse and I were going to have to hold him down. What was I thinking! We prayed about it before we went in, so why didn't I trust that Jesus was going to handle it. He was so brave. He sat in the chair, layed his arm out, and did not move. He did not whine, complain, or flinch. I was amazed. He is such a brave little boy.
This is Blake waiting at the hospital to do his lab work.
Friday mornning. Papa . . . . . where are you? Are you almost at the hospital? Blake and his Papa are very close. And of course, Papa was in the parking lot when Blake called!



Andalusia Regional Hospital has the best staff. They are very kid friendly. They gave Blake a choice between a wagon or a bed. He chose the bed. I thought he would've chosen the wagon.


This is before they go through the "huge wind tunnel".
When Blake was rolled back into the room, the first thing he said was, "Where's Adam?" Adam and Lala were on their way.

Brock trying to keep Adam entertained without bothering Blake. What a job!


Later that afternoon, Blake is sitting at the front door. Wishing he could go outside.





1 comment:

Lori said...

I was amazed when that boy was talking to me like nothing had happened on the phone!! He may be the toughest boy I know too:)